Marketing and Communications Teams Win Big for Largest Activation in Company History
Houston, TX – June 27, 2022 – Mattress Firm, the nation’s largest mattress specialty retailer, today announced that its Junk Sleep campaign has been recognized by multiple industry organizations that honor excellence in various marketing, advertising, public relations and communications categories.
Last summer, Mattress Firm launched Junk Sleep, one of the largest brand marketing efforts in the company’s history, dedicated to shedding light on the nation’s junk sleep problem. Junk Sleep supports Mattress Firm’s long-standing commitment to helping people get a better night’s sleep and live happier and healthier lives.
To help bring the campaign’s launch to life, the program included numerous elements, such as a full-page ad in the Wall Street Journal calling on Americans to recognize the country’s growing sleep problem, a new spot starring actor, director and producer Liev Schreiber that aired for the first time during the Opening Ceremony of the Summer Games, the Un-Junk Your Sleep Tour that visited the homes of sleep-deprived consumers in New York City, Detroit, and Houston, to help them find the perfect mattress, and more.
“Junk Sleep is unlike any other marketing campaign that we’ve done at Mattress Firm,” said John Eck, Mattress Firm’s president and chief executive officer. “We launched this campaign with a mission in mind to alleviate America’s struggles with sleep, and we did by being open and honest about the importance of adequate, quality rest.”
The Junk Sleep campaign was recognized by numerous industry organizations for its creativity and impact. The awards won include:
- 2022 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity: Mattress Firm’s Junk Sleep campaign was shortlisted for four Cannes Lions Awards in the Classic Film Category.
- 2022 Gold Effie Awards for Renaissance Category: The Junk Sleep campaign was selected as winner in the renaissance category highlighting the campaign as the most effective marketing effort of the past year.
- 2022 Gold SABRE Award for Best Public Relations Campaign: PRovoke Media presented Mattress Firm with Gold SABRE Award for its Un-Junk Your Sleep Truck Tour in the North American SABRE Awards in the home and furniture category.
- 2022 Gold Stevie Award for Internal Communication Campaign of the Year: Mattress Firm received the Gold Stevie® Award for Internal Communication Campaign of the Year in The 20th Annual American Business Awards.
- 2022 Gold Shots Award for Winning Creative: Mattress Firm’s Junk Sleep campaign recognized as a Gold winning creative through Shots Awards.
“I am incredibly proud of our marketing and communications teams for their hard work and dedication on this campaign,” said Mickey Mericle, Mattress Firm’s chief marketing and experience officer. “Internally, we understood the importance of quality sleep and how it can be life-changing and wanted to create a campaign that translated to the public. Our teams accomplished that, and it’s such an honor to be recognized by respected organizations in the industry who were able to see just that.”
Mattress Firm Public Relations
About Mattress Firm
Mattress Firm, the nation’s largest omni-channel mattress specialty retailer, has been helping solve America’s sleep problems for more than 90 years through our family of brands. Every one of our more than 6,500 passionate Sleep Experts are driven by a common purpose: to change people’s lives through better sleep. Whether browsing online or in one of our 2,300+ stores, our highly trained team provides personalized service and advice to help customers choose the right mattress and bedding products based on their unique needs. Our expertly curated selection of products include leading brands such as Beautyrest®, Nectar®, Sealy®, Serta®, Simmons®, Sleepy’s® Stearns & Foster®, Tempur-Pedic®, Tuft & Needle®, tulo®, and Purple®. Mattress Firm supports local and national charities through product and monetary donations and offers employee volunteering opportunities to serve their communities. No matter the time of night, Mattress Firm wants to help people get the sleep they deserve. Our Sleep.com website provides expert advice and helps people explore the health benefits of quality sleep, and the Sleep.com app provides free sleep tracking and personalized insights to improve sleep.
Achieve your best sleep by visiting Mattress Firm, and learn more on the Mattress Firm Newsroom and by following @MattressFirm on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.